Four bodies were discovered in an Ohio home on Thursday in what authorities believe was a triple-murder-suicide.
A relative found the bodies after stopping by the home in Defiance County, which is in between Toledo and Fort Wayne, to check on the family, Toledo News Now reports. Authorities are investigating whether Robert Garza, Sr. shot and killed his wife, daughter and teenaged granddaughter before turning the gun on himself. Local television station WANE reports that the Defiance County sheriff’s department found the handgun they believe Garza used during the incident inside the home. Sheriff David Westrick said Garza was a Vietnam veteran and had been battling “health issues,” though police are still investigating a motive.
The family was reportedly last seen alive on Wednesday afternoon.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow