President Donald Trump gave a health update on First Lady Melania Tuesday after she underwent surgery for a benign kidney condition the day before.
“Our great First Lady is doing really well. Will be leaving hospital in 2 or 3 days. Thank you for so much love and support!” Trump tweeted Tuesday morning. He had spent over an hour visiting her Monday night at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesa, Maryland.
The First Lady’s office said Monday afternoon that she was in the hospital following an embolization procedure for benign kidney condition, which had been completed without complications. Her office said she would likely remain in the hospital for the rest of the week, but did not provide additional information on the procedure Trump underwent beyond the statement. Embolization is a minimally invasive surgical technique designed to block blood flow.
President Trump had said on Twitter Monday evening said he was going to visit the First Lady at the hospital and that she was in “good spirits.” White House Director of Communications Stephanie Grisham added that Melania was “doing well.”
The announcement about the First Lady’s procedure came one week after Trump officially launched her White House project, “Be Best,” which focuses on cyber-bullying, opioid abuse, and overall child welfare to aid in their emotional and social development.
“The First Lady looks forward to a full recovery so she can continue her work on behalf of children everywhere,” her office said in the statement.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now