Fox is picking up Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing after canceling fan-favorite comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine, along with The Last Man on Earth and The Mick.
Last Man Standing is coming to Fox after its original network ABC canceled it following its sixth season, the Los Angeles Times reports. The show stars Allen as a politically conservative man trying to keep up his manliness as he raises three girls.
Allen has blamed the cancellation at ABC on political reasons, although the network has denied the accusations. In a statement on Fox picking the show up, Allen said, “Hell yes, I’m excited!”
“Team Last Man Standing was in the sixth inning, ahead by four runs, stands were packed and then for no reason, they call off the game,” Allen said. “It leaves you sitting in the dugout, holding a bat and puzzled.”
The show drew an average of 8 million viewers in its last season on ABC.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at email@example.com