A boat capsized off the coast of Florida Thursday, killing at least three, authorities said.
Coast Guard spokeswoman Marilyn Fajardo said seven other passengers were rescued, but that there were at least 12 people on board, Reuters reports. The coast guard is actively searching for others who may have been on board.
The overturned boat was discovered by a Royal Netherlands Navy ship, which was in the area on a counternarcotics mission. The ship notified the U.S. coast guard.
The coast guard suspects the boat was transporting illegal immigrants, although it remains unclear where the journey began.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time