Two-time Oscar winner Frances McDormand just gave the performance of her life, on the Met Gala 2018 red carpet of all places.
As McDormand walked the red carpet in a custom Valentino gown alongside Barbie actor Anne Hathaway and Valentino’s Piccioli Pierpaolo, the Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri star hammed it up to the fullest possible extent. Sashaying around in a teal, ruffly, cape gown overlay atop some sort of chartreuse pants number, her outfit was already a major Met Gala moment — until her face-obscuring headgear put the look over the top.
This was an aesthstic departure for the actor, who typically sticks with a black gown at these affairs.
Did McDormand capture the theme of the Catholic imagination? Questionable. Did it offer people a gateway to her soul? No, not from most angles. But when the poses are this good, it doesn’t matter.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears