Two-time Oscar winner Frances McDormand just gave the performance of her life, on the Met Gala 2018 red carpet of all places.
As McDormand walked the red carpet in a custom Valentino gown alongside Barbie actor Anne Hathaway and Valentino’s Piccioli Pierpaolo, the Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri star hammed it up to the fullest possible extent. Sashaying around in a teal, ruffly, cape gown overlay atop some sort of chartreuse pants number, her outfit was already a major Met Gala moment — until her face-obscuring headgear put the look over the top.
This was an aesthstic departure for the actor, who typically sticks with a black gown at these affairs.
Did McDormand capture the theme of the Catholic imagination? Questionable. Did it offer people a gateway to her soul? No, not from most angles. But when the poses are this good, it doesn’t matter.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization