According to the Daily Dot, the Alexa team has boosted the queries that the smart home organizer will respond to, so that fans of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and the rest of the renegade gang will be able to have ever more natural conversations with the artificial intelligence about the relative value of a parsec. Two of the new questions added to its database: Alexa will be able to tell a Star Wars joke on command, and to provide an answer about its favorite character from the universe. (Princess-turned-General Leia Organa is the obvious answer here, but you’ll have to test that out on Alexa herself.)
This comes in addition to a number of pre-existing Star Wars trivia already functioning embedded in the tech, from asking for a Star Wars limerick to getting Alexa to speak like Yoda instead of its soothing regular voice. (Well, maybe Yoda is soothing in its own way.) May the force of voice-powered artificial intelligence be with you in this brave new world of pop-culture-literate smart home technology.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart