Following the service, the newly-appointed Duke and Duchess of Sussex appeared before the crowd gathered at Windsor Castle—as well as the millions of royals fans watching around the world—to share a smooch as husband and wife.
The romantic scene was reminiscent of the royal wedding kiss shared seven years ago by Prince William and Kate Middleton on the balcony of Buckingham Palace following their 2011 nuptials at Westminster Abbey. And just like that kiss, Harry and Meghan’s peck was one to remember.
The crowd could be heard cheering in earnest as the smiling newlyweds leaned toward each other, creating a picture-perfect snapshot of the fairytale day.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science