Priyanka Chopra clearly isn’t shy about expressing her love for royal bride-to-be Meghan Markle.
“I’m super excited about her and her big day,” she said of Markle’s upcoming wedding to Prince Harry, noting that she will not serve as a bridesmaid in the May 19 ceremony. “It’s not just going to be life-changing for both of them, it’s life-changing for the world that needs to see strong women as icons, and I think Meghan has the potential to be that.”
Chopra went on to explain why she thinks Markle is destined to be a “princess for the people”—despite the fact that she will never officially hold the title of princess.
“She’s just a really real girl,” Chopra told PEOPLE Now of Meghan. “She’s a girl’s girl. She’s a really relatable young woman who is concerned about the world just like you and I are. That’s what I love the most about her. I feel like her authenticity is what’s going to make her really stand out in this new life she’s going to take on.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating