Priyanka Chopra clearly isn’t shy about expressing her love for royal bride-to-be Meghan Markle.
“I’m super excited about her and her big day,” she said of Markle’s upcoming wedding to Prince Harry, noting that she will not serve as a bridesmaid in the May 19 ceremony. “It’s not just going to be life-changing for both of them, it’s life-changing for the world that needs to see strong women as icons, and I think Meghan has the potential to be that.”
Chopra went on to explain why she thinks Markle is destined to be a “princess for the people”—despite the fact that she will never officially hold the title of princess.
“She’s just a really real girl,” Chopra told PEOPLE Now of Meghan. “She’s a girl’s girl. She’s a really relatable young woman who is concerned about the world just like you and I are. That’s what I love the most about her. I feel like her authenticity is what’s going to make her really stand out in this new life she’s going to take on.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time