Yulia Marushevska felt strongly about the violent protests in her home country of Ukraine, so she did what so many young people do: She took to the social media. Marushevska’s two-minute YouTube video I am a Ukrainian, explaining how her people “want to be free of a dictatorship” has since gone viral, garnering nearly 8 million views.
After seeing Marushevska’s passion, the Hollywood Director Ben Moses decided to give her a platform by shooting this viral video in collaboration with her. I am a Ukrainian certainly caught the right people’s attention, including professional billionaire Richard Branson, who is funding Marushevska’s North American speaking tour.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve