Following the still unnamed prince’s introduction to the world outside the hospital’s private Lindo Wing, Michelle Obama took to Twitter to congratulate the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the newest addition to their family and lay the groundwork for a future visit with the young royal.
“Barack and I are thrilled to congratulate The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their newest arrival,” she wrote. “We hope to meet him soon for a Kensington Palace pajama party. I’ll wear my robe!”
The former First Lady’s proposal included a photo of the Obamas’ meet and greet with Kate and William’s first child, Prince George, at Kensington in 2016—an occasion for which the then 2-year-old prince donned an adorable mini white robe.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com