Meghan Markle might be joining the British royal family when she ties the knot with Prince Harry this spring, but she subtly referenced to her American roots on Thursday with a little black dress that paid homage to American first lady, Jackie Kennedy Onassis.
The soon-to-be princess appeared at a Women’s Empowerment reception in London alongside fiancé Prince Harry in an LBD from fashion label Black Halo that was fittingly labeled the Jackie O Belted Dress. The dress, a fitted cowl-neck midi sheath with a belt at the waist, is also a favorite of lots of other celebrities, including Kim Kardashian West, Blake Lively, Tyra Banks, and Taraji P. Henson.
While its high-profile wearers might lead you to believe that the dress is inaccessible, it clocks in at a relatively reasonable $375 and comes in a variety of sizes and colors — showing that Markle not only appreciates a chic dress but a good deal.
See Markle’s full little black dress look below and see the rest of her fashion evolution from actress to soon-to-be royal, here.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer