This year’s list of the TIME 100 Most Influential People features pioneering comedian Tiffany Haddish, #MeToo founder Tarana Burke and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.
Those are just three of the many pioneers, titans, icons, leaders and artists featured on the annual TIME list. As TIME Editor in Chief Edward Felsenthal puts it, the TIME 100 “is a designation of individuals whose time, in our estimation, is now.” As such, Olympic figure skater Adam Rippon, who captivated the nation with his humor, grace and personality at the 2018 Winter Olympics, appears on the list this year. So do Black Panther director Ryan Coogler and star Chadwick Boseman, whose film shattered box office records and marked a meaningful shift in cinema.
TIME’s full list of the 100 most influential people of 2018 includes insights from their peers and contemporaries to detail their impact. If you’re hoping for a quick rundown of who made TIME 100 list this year, watch the video above to see them all in one minute.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction