Those are just three of the many pioneers, titans, icons, leaders and artists featured on the annual TIME list. As TIME Editor in Chief Edward Felsenthal puts it, the TIME 100 “is a designation of individuals whose time, in our estimation, is now.” As such, Olympic figure skater Adam Rippon, who captivated the nation with his humor, grace and personality at the 2018 Winter Olympics, appears on the list this year. So do Black Panther director Ryan Coogler and star Chadwick Boseman, whose film shattered box office records and marked a meaningful shift in cinema.
TIME’s full list of the 100 most influential people of 2018 includes insights from their peers and contemporaries to detail their impact. If you’re hoping for a quick rundown of who made TIME 100 list this year, watch the video above to see them all in one minute.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com