Those are just three of the many pioneers, titans, icons, leaders and artists featured on the annual TIME list. As TIME Editor in Chief Edward Felsenthal puts it, the TIME 100 “is a designation of individuals whose time, in our estimation, is now.” As such, Olympic figure skater Adam Rippon, who captivated the nation with his humor, grace and personality at the 2018 Winter Olympics, appears on the list this year. So do Black Panther director Ryan Coogler and star Chadwick Boseman, whose film shattered box office records and marked a meaningful shift in cinema.
TIME’s full list of the 100 most influential people of 2018 includes insights from their peers and contemporaries to detail their impact. If you’re hoping for a quick rundown of who made TIME 100 list this year, watch the video above to see them all in one minute.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer