“In 2017 Amazon shipped more than five billion items with Prime worldwide, and more new members joined Prime than in any previous year – both worldwide and in the U.S,” Bezos said in his annual letter to shareholders, which was published Wednesday. Amazon had not previously revealed the number of Prime members.
Prime members pay a monthly fee of $12.99 or an annual fee of $99, and receive access to free two-day shipping, free same-day delivery and Prime Video streaming, among other program benefits. Amazon expanded Prime to Mexico, Singapore, the Netherlands and Luxembourg in 2017, Bezos said.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart