“In 2017 Amazon shipped more than five billion items with Prime worldwide, and more new members joined Prime than in any previous year – both worldwide and in the U.S,” Bezos said in his annual letter to shareholders, which was published Wednesday. Amazon had not previously revealed the number of Prime members.
Prime members pay a monthly fee of $12.99 or an annual fee of $99, and receive access to free two-day shipping, free same-day delivery and Prime Video streaming, among other program benefits. Amazon expanded Prime to Mexico, Singapore, the Netherlands and Luxembourg in 2017, Bezos said.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption