Mason Ramsey, the boy from Golconda, Illinois who shot to fame overnight after a video of him yodeling at Walmart went viral, is taking his talents to Coachella.
The Ramsey will perform at the annual music festival, heading back to out west just days after he appeared on The Ellen Show.
“Can’t wait to see California again! Hope y’all are ready cause we’re bringing the country to Coachella,” Ramsey said in an Instagram post Friday.
TMZ reported earlier in the day that Ramsey will perform with the DJ Whethan, who is scheduled to play on Friday, and that he might join the rapper Post Malone on stage. Representatives for the festival and the artist did not immediately comment on Ramsey’s performance plans.
Ramsey has melted hearts across the U.S. with his yodeling skills and performances of songs like Hank Williams’ “Lovesick Blues.” He even landed a spot at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville on April 14 — with that gig and the upcoming Coachella performance, Ramsey has a busy few days ahead.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This