In the wake of a raging fire tearing through Trump Tower, the FBI raiding the office and hotel room of President Donald Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen and Trump tweeting about a possible attack on Syria as retaliation for last weekend’s suspected chemical weapons attack, the Late Show host attempted to sum up the chaotic week by remixing “My Way” from Trump’s point of view.
“Regrets, hey, what are those? I barrel forth without reflection. I do what I want to do,” Colbert crooned during the opening monologue of Thursday’s show. “For what is a man, what does he tweet, starting a war from his toilet seat. To scream the things he truly feels between rounds of golf and Happy Meals.”
Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve