In the wake of a raging fire tearing through Trump Tower, the FBI raiding the office and hotel room of President Donald Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen and Trump tweeting about a possible attack on Syria as retaliation for last weekend’s suspected chemical weapons attack, the Late Show host attempted to sum up the chaotic week by remixing “My Way” from Trump’s point of view.
“Regrets, hey, what are those? I barrel forth without reflection. I do what I want to do,” Colbert crooned during the opening monologue of Thursday’s show. “For what is a man, what does he tweet, starting a war from his toilet seat. To scream the things he truly feels between rounds of golf and Happy Meals.”
Watch the full clip below.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate