While Mike Vitar (better known as Benny “the Jet” Rodriguez) wasn’t able to make the reunion, the rest of the cast and David Mickey Evans, the director, narrator and writer of the movie, were all on deck to celebrate a quarter of a century with The Sandlot.
“The film was made with the same amount of love that people have for it, and it was the greatest summer of our lives,” Evans said.
For Patrick Renna, who played Hamilton “Ham” Porter, the reunion was a reminder that some friendships are just meant to stand the test of time.
“Seeing these guys, some of ’em I haven’t seen in 25 years, but it is just like we’re back,” he said.
Watch The Sandlot reunion below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time