An ingenious student went to great lengths to ensure that he would be able to have the right soundtrack to listen to while taking his physics midterm.
Math teacher Eric Saueracker, who teaches at Hudson’s Bay High School in Washington, shared via Twitter the intrepid tale of one of his students who went so far as to bring in a record player so he could listen to Kanye West while taking his exam.
Saueracker had previously told students that they weren’t allowed to bring in cell phones during the test since they could be used to cheat, so his student opted to bring in a record player so he could listen to West’s classic album, The College Dropout while working on his midterm.
It turns out that the student’s resourcefulness paid off; according to Saueracker, his student aced the test while listening to Kanye West.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow