Short stopped by The Late Show on Wednesday night and while he was complimentary about the audience (“This is the most recent one I have seen!” he said) and the show itself (“If late shows were ranked as the Trump children, this would be Ivanka”), he was far less kind to Colbert himself.
“It’s like sitting across from Paul Ryan without the gym membership,” Short said about Colbert, after calling him a cross between “Ken and Rachel Maddow.” He wasn’t done, either: “You look like the world’s hippest insurance adjuster. You really do,” he added.
It wasn’t only the host who was subjected to Short’s barbs. He also turned his gimlet-eye on bandleader Jon Batiste, noting his predilection for sharply tailored suits. “If he ate a grape a button would pop off and blind an audience member,” Short teased. In short, Short was hilariously brutal and completely endearing.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow