After journalist Karen Han tweeted that she was riding the train with a flip phone-perusing Day-Lewis on Thursday, the Internet immediately began buzzing over the momentous sighting. “Daniel Day-Lewis is on my train and casually just looking at his flip phone,” she wrote, later adding a photo to prove her claims.
Fans of the Phantom Thread actor were quick to offer Han advice on her next move, with some suggesting she attempt to reenact a scene from one of his movies on the New York Subway car. “Can you whisper ‘kiss me my girl before I’m sick’ within earshot?” one fellow Twitter user requested.
Others simply couldn’t get over the fact that Day-Lewis was still using a flip phone in 2018. “My new favorite celebrity couple is Daniel Day-Lewis and his flip phone,” quipped another tweeter.
See more reactions below.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now