After journalist Karen Han tweeted that she was riding the train with a flip phone-perusing Day-Lewis on Thursday, the Internet immediately began buzzing over the momentous sighting. “Daniel Day-Lewis is on my train and casually just looking at his flip phone,” she wrote, later adding a photo to prove her claims.
Fans of the Phantom Thread actor were quick to offer Han advice on her next move, with some suggesting she attempt to reenact a scene from one of his movies on the New York Subway car. “Can you whisper ‘kiss me my girl before I’m sick’ within earshot?” one fellow Twitter user requested.
Others simply couldn’t get over the fact that Day-Lewis was still using a flip phone in 2018. “My new favorite celebrity couple is Daniel Day-Lewis and his flip phone,” quipped another tweeter.
See more reactions below.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022