A “senseless” shooting in Miami killed a toddler and injured two other children, according to Miami police.
Police confirmed that the shooting, which occurred in Miami’s Liberty Square Saturday, killed one child, while two others were apparently grazed by glass during the incident and are expected to be fine. The child who died was a 3-year-old girl, according to NBC Miami.
NBC reports that the suspect initially fled the scene and abandoned his vehicle at a Miami laundromat. The suspect later turned himself in and is in custody, police said. Authorities have not yet mentioned a motive.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'