There’s no denying that Will Smith has a certain star quality about him, but his charm apparently doesn’t work on everyone. In a video he shared on YouTube on Thursday, the Fresh Prince can be seen crashing and burning on a date in the Cayman Islands with none other than Sophia the Robot.
After attempting to flirt with Hanson Robotics’ state of the art artificial intelligence creation by cracking a joke about the type of music robots like and not-so-subtly bringing up his ’80s hip-hop career, Smith readied himself to lean in for a kiss. “Sophia, can I be honest with you?” he asked. “I don’t know if it’s the island air or the humidity, but you’re just so easy to talk you. You got a clear head…literally.”
But as he went for the smooch, Sophia was quick to shut him down. “I think we can be friends,” she interjected. “Let’s hang out and get to know each other for a little while.”
Smith was clearly disappointed. However, considering he’s still married to his wife of 20 years, Jada Pinkett Smith, Sophia definitely made the right choice.
Watch the full video below.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now