One year after photos of Ronaldo posing with the bronze bust at the airport’s 2017 renaming ceremony went viral, sculptor Emanuel Santos was given another shot at capturing the likeness of the Portuguese footballer.
Working off a commission from Bleacher Report, Santos created a second statue with a more traditional interpretation of Ronaldo’s facial features. But that’s not to say the artist himself was ever unhappy with his first attempt.
“I’m making the bust again to show people that I’m not what the media made me look like,” Santos told B/R. “I liked the result [of the first bust] and was really proud of it. And if I had to do it again, I would make everything exactly the same.”
See the new sculpture below.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer