One year after photos of Ronaldo posing with the bronze bust at the airport’s 2017 renaming ceremony went viral, sculptor Emanuel Santos was given another shot at capturing the likeness of the Portuguese footballer.
Working off a commission from Bleacher Report, Santos created a second statue with a more traditional interpretation of Ronaldo’s facial features. But that’s not to say the artist himself was ever unhappy with his first attempt.
“I’m making the bust again to show people that I’m not what the media made me look like,” Santos told B/R. “I liked the result [of the first bust] and was really proud of it. And if I had to do it again, I would make everything exactly the same.”
See the new sculpture below.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time