In a new trailer that dropped Thursday for HBO’s critically acclaimed sci-fi Western, Dolores Abernathy (Evan Rachel Wood) and her fellow hosts are back to questioning the nature of their reality as their human masters seek to regain control of the prison—er, park—they’ve trapped them in.
The preview begins with Jeffrey Wright’s Bernard Lowe telling Dolores that he dreamt he was at the ocean, with her and the other hosts on a distant shore. “Dreams don’t mean anything, Dolores,” he says to her as an orchestral cover of Nirvana’s “Heart-Shaped Box” plays in the background. “That answer doesn’t seem to satisfy you.”
“Because it’s not completely honest,” she replies.
From there, we’re given glimpses of several major returning players, including Maeve (Thandie Newton), Teddy (James Marsden), and both William (Jimmi Simpson) and the Man in Black (Ed Harris), as well as what appears to be the feudal Japanese-inspired park ShogunWorld that was teased in the season one finale.
“Did you ever stop to wonder about your actions,” Dolores ominously questions. “The price you’d have to pay if there was a reckoning. That reckoning is here.”
The second season of Westworld premieres April 22 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
Watch the full trailer above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com