Adult film star Stormy Daniels sat down for a tell-all interview about her alleged affair with President Donald Trump with 60 Minutes on Sunday evening. On The Late Show, Stephen Colbert called Daniels’ interview “an insane, salacious tale about a sitting President,” but also “the least surprising story I have ever heard.”
“It all felt true,” said Colbert. “It felt truer than [Trump] getting elected.” Colbert was perhaps most delighted by the fact that Daniels’ interview earned 60 Minutes its highest ratings in a decade—even higher than when Trump himself appeared on the show after winning the election in 2016. “That’s gotta sting,” Colbert said, about the famously ratings-obsessed president.
Daniels also remembered thinking, “Ugh, here we go,” before she allegedly slept with Trump. “Coincidentally,” Colbert joked, “that was also the official theme of Trump’s inaugural ball.”
Colbert also noted that Daniels had a unique method for making the president act more appropriately—spanking Trump with a magazine. “Hmm, a couple of spanks and Donald Trump started acting more appropriate? John Kelly, you know what to do,” joked Colbert, addressing the President’s current White House chief of staff. “It’s for your country!”
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time