While honoring the winners of the Metropolitan Police’s seventh annual Met Excellence Awards alongside Prince Harry at a reception at Kensington Palace on Tuesday, the Duke of Cambridge informed attendees that his son is “obsessed” with the police force, The Daily Mail reports.
After PC Jayne Richardson joked that the Kensington and Chelsea district was looking for more volunteers if George or Princess Charlotte—William’s second child with wife Kate Middleton—were interested, the Duke revealed that George would probably leap at the opportunity.
“He is obsessed, actually, by the police….cars, toys, everything,” William said.
Considering George will likely become the King of England one day—he’s currently third in line to the throne behind his grandfather Prince Charles and his father—a position at Scotland Yard may not be in the cards for him. But there’s nothing wrong with having dreams.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving