As soon as Taylor Swift released the video for “Delicate” her fans started watching the video very closely. Swift has been very quiet about her out-of-the-spotlight relationship with Joe Alwyn, however, old habits die hard, and after years of documenting her relationships in her songs, fans think she may have included a nod—or even several nods—to Alwyn in her new video. Eagle-eyed fans were quick to point them out sharing their theories online and hoping that Swift will confirm them.
For starters, did Swift spell out Alwyn’s first name, Y-M-C-A style? Some fans are convinced of it:
That’s not the only secret shout-out to Swift’s hiking buddy that fans are seeing in the video, either. They think the fact that Swift dances in front of a store called “Joe’s Deli” is not a mere coincidence, but a concerted effort to say a subtle hello to her friend.
One fan thinks Alwyn handed Swift a magical note in the video:
While others are convinced Alwyn is a face in the crowd at a bar:
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science