While competing at the 2018 Arnold Strongman Classic over the weekend, Hafþór Björnsson broke his own raw deadlift world record by lifting 1,041 pounds.
Footage from the competition shows the 29-year-old actor—who is 6-foot-9 and weighs nearly 400 pounds—raising the massive barbell to his waist with the assistance of only a belt and some straps. He then holds his pose for a few seconds while nodding at the crowd.
This accomplishment is par for the course for Björnsson, who has previously broken world records by carrying a 30-foot, 1,433-pound log five steps and hauling two refrigerators over 20 meters in just 19.6 seconds.
The Hound is definitely going to have his work cut out for him if he wants to take down his brother in Thrones final season.
Watch the video below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms