The stage at the 90th Academy Awards was totally bedazzled, making everyone who appeared onstage look like they were standing inside a glittering ice cave.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the Oscars stage was designed to look like the inside of a geode, with a 10-ton proscenium dotted with 45 million crystals.
The sparkly stage had many fans…
…and prompted several jokes about cave metaphors and Frozen.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement