Helen Mirren did not wait for the 90th annual Academy Awards to start before having her first drink of the night.
The Oscar-winning actress was spotted on the red carpet taking a shot of tequila, according to Variety. The image, of course, was spotted by the Internet—and observers found it highly relatable.
Mirren, who won an Academy Award for Best Actress in 2007 for her role as Queen Elizabeth II in The Queen, is presenting an Oscar for her trophy’s counterpart, Best Actor. She’ll be joined by fellow Academy Award-winner Jane Fonda.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time