Helen Mirren did not wait for the 90th annual Academy Awards to start before having her first drink of the night.
The Oscar-winning actress was spotted on the red carpet taking a shot of tequila, according to Variety. The image, of course, was spotted by the Internet—and observers found it highly relatable.
Mirren, who won an Academy Award for Best Actress in 2007 for her role as Queen Elizabeth II in The Queen, is presenting an Oscar for her trophy’s counterpart, Best Actor. She’ll be joined by fellow Academy Award-winner Jane Fonda.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow