To his fans, Leonardo DiCaprio may be one of the most recognizable movie stars of all time. But to Oprah Winfrey, he’s just a fellow partygoer.
While reminiscing with Ellen DeGeneres about the talk show host’s recent 60th birthday bash, Oprah revealed that she had some trouble remembering Leo at the star-studded affair.
During a chat with The Weeknd—who she also didn’t recognize at first—Oprah was apparently forced to sleuth out the identity of a mystery celebrity who joined their conversation.
“Who is it? I know it’s somebody,” she explained during a Thursday appearance on Ellen. “Is it Justin Timberlake? I don’t think it’s Justin Timberlake. The Weeknd says to him, ‘Hey man, I really loved that film you did.’ And he says, ‘No, that wasn’t a good film for me, it wasn’t my favorite film.’ And I go, ‘So what WAS your favorite film?’ And he says, ‘The Aviator.’ And I go, ‘Leonardo, you’re so funny!’
Despite this minor slip-up, Oprah described the night as the most fun she’s ever had. Compliments don’t get much better than that.
Watch the full clip below.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement