After taking off during the 2014 Sochi Games, the viral trend made a hilarious comeback over the weekend as ingenious Twitter users began posting their most creative mirror shots in honor of the tradition. And although the Selfie Olympics may not technically be considered an athletic pursuit, they definitely involve some tricky maneuvering.
In one photoset that has taken the Internet by storm—garnering more than 121,000 likes and 45,000 retweets as of Tuesday afternoon—a selfie competitor can be seen balancing on a bicycle in the bathtub with a golf bag full of clubs slung over his shoulder.
Another popular shot features a participant named Richard balancing his phone on a violin he appears to be playing. “I hope to bring back the Gold for my country,” he captioned his photos, adding a Mexican flag emoji.
See some of the best Olympic selfies below.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time