Standup stalwart John Pinette, famous for his cameo in the Seinfeld finale, and beloved by fellow comedians, was found dead in a hotel room on Pittsburgh Saturday night. He was 50 years old.
While there has been no official cause of death released, his manager Larry Schapiro told Hollywood Reporter that Pinette died of a pulmonary embolism.
The Boston native was renowned for his self-deprecating style of standup and was in the middle of a U.S.-Canada tour when he passed away.
Social media outlets were abuzz with messages honoring the comedian after the news of Pinette’s death broke, many from fellow comics.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up