Enraptured Eagles fans flipped over at least one car, shattered some storefronts and attempted to climb grease-slicked utility poles in the City of Brotherly Love after the Philadelphia Eagles won 41-33 over the New England Patriots – according to videos posted on social media overnight.
One fan even appeared to take a bite of horse manure.
Despite videos showing mass chaos, there were only three arrests overnight, according to a statement from Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney.
Some jeered at Patriots star quarterback Tom Brady, shouting “F— Tom Brady” in a video posted on social media.
Fans climbed greased-up electric poles, which were slicked with hydraulic fluid on Sunday morning by city workers.
While others jumped off them.
Around thirty revelers reportedly scrambled onto the Ritz-Carlton hotel awning, which later collapsed.
City Hall had its fair share of climbers
Bystanders documented a car being flipped over.
Fans also set things on fire and there were reports of looting.
The police were working until the early hours of Monday morning. A Sergeant at Philadelphia Police implored the crowds to “go home” as officers still had to “start planning a parade in the morning.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time