Enraptured Eagles fans flipped over at least one car, shattered some storefronts and attempted to climb grease-slicked utility poles in the City of Brotherly Love after the Philadelphia Eagles won 41-33 over the New England Patriots – according to videos posted on social media overnight.
One fan even appeared to take a bite of horse manure.
Despite videos showing mass chaos, there were only three arrests overnight, according to a statement from Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney.
Some jeered at Patriots star quarterback Tom Brady, shouting “F— Tom Brady” in a video posted on social media.
Fans climbed greased-up electric poles, which were slicked with hydraulic fluid on Sunday morning by city workers.
While others jumped off them.
Around thirty revelers reportedly scrambled onto the Ritz-Carlton hotel awning, which later collapsed.
City Hall had its fair share of climbers
Bystanders documented a car being flipped over.
Fans also set things on fire and there were reports of looting.
The police were working until the early hours of Monday morning. A Sergeant at Philadelphia Police implored the crowds to “go home” as officers still had to “start planning a parade in the morning.”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022