1. Why isn’t homelessness a national crisis?
By Alyssa Walker in Curbed
2. This NFL season, more than 250 players suffered on-field concussions. Here’s what that looks like.
By Josh Begley in Field of Vision
3. Boycotting companies for bad politics doesn’t work as well as supporting ones making good political decisions.
By Eillie Anzilotti in Fast Company
4. In the future, dentists won’t bother filling cavities. They’ll just teach your teeth to regrow.
By Ferris Jabr in Scientific American
5. To address our deepening climate crisis, environmentalists might have to accept some ugly tradeoffs.
By David Roberts in Vox
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement