The father of three victims of Larry Nassar tried to attack the disgraced sports doctor in a court hearing on Friday morning – only to be restrained by bailiffs.
“I would ask you to — as part of the sentencing — to grant me 5 minutes in a locked room with this demon,” the father, Randall Margraves, said after two of his daughters spoke, according to the Associated Press.
“You know that I can’t do that. That’s not how our legal system works,” Judge Rosemarie Aquilina responded.
At that, Margraves ran across the court room toward Nassar, prompting bailiffs to tackle him to the floor.
Nassar is in court this week for his final sentencing hearing, where he faces a third prison sentence on charges of sexual abuse. More victims have confronted Nassar in court this week, after dozens of victims made powerful statements at another sentencing hearing last week, when Nassar was sentenced to a minimum of 40 years in prison.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now