The father of three victims of Larry Nassar tried to attack the disgraced sports doctor in a court hearing on Friday morning – only to be restrained by bailiffs.
“I would ask you to — as part of the sentencing — to grant me 5 minutes in a locked room with this demon,” the father, Randall Margraves, said after two of his daughters spoke, according to the Associated Press.
“You know that I can’t do that. That’s not how our legal system works,” Judge Rosemarie Aquilina responded.
At that, Margraves ran across the court room toward Nassar, prompting bailiffs to tackle him to the floor.
Nassar is in court this week for his final sentencing hearing, where he faces a third prison sentence on charges of sexual abuse. More victims have confronted Nassar in court this week, after dozens of victims made powerful statements at another sentencing hearing last week, when Nassar was sentenced to a minimum of 40 years in prison.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving