Meghan Markle proved she’s ready for anything at her first award ceremony.
The soon-to-be-princess was on deck at the Endeavor Fund Awards at London’s Goldsmiths’ Hall on Thursday to honor the accomplishments of former members of the service who had been wounded or injured.
As she presented the the ceremony’s second prize, everything went smoothly. That is until her co-presenter had a little mix-up with the notes that you can watch below.
But the former Suits actor took it all in stride like the pro she is, and her partner powered through the awkward moment by laughing. In the grand scheme of Oscars envelope confusion and Steve Harvey’s Miss Universe error, the delay was nothing. Eventually, the duo landed on the right notes to warm choruses of applause.
If there are any snafus at the royal wedding, she’s up for it. That’s because the American woman is the human embodiment of the British saying “keep calm and carry on.” Winning hearts, and finding notes. This is the life, truly the life of Meghan Markle.
The Royal Foundation started this effort in 2009 to promote the welfare of people serving in the Armed Forces among other charitable causes, according to the web site.
People on the internet loved it.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color