Warning: This post contains spoilers for Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
In a recent interview with The Times, the 39-year-old actor revealed that while she currently has no idea whether Phasma will return in Star Wars: Episode IX, she’s definitely holding out hope.
“In truth, I don’t know. And that scares and upsets me because I really want to see this character explored. I’m actually very invested in the character now,” she said. “And that’s genuine. That’s not just chat. It has opened up a chain of stories and events in my mind about who Phasma is.”
By surviving Starkiller Base’s trash compactor in The Force Awakens, the Stormtrooper commander has already made one unlikely return in the Star Wars sequel trilogy. But as of now, it seems like we’ll just have to wait until Dec. 20, 2019 to find out whether Phasma will be back for the third and final installment.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating