Following Dave Chappelle’s win for the Best Comedy Album during the live show, Corden took to the stage to congratulate the comic and to offer some consolation to his fellow nominees.
“Congratulations Dave Chappelle, now I should say to all the nominees this evening who are not going home with a Grammy…I don’t want anybody to be upset tonight,” Corden said. “So the good news is, nobody goes home empty handed, because all night we’ll be handing out consolation puppies. Okay, so if you didn’t get a Grammy, you get a puppy!”
After Corden made his announcement, handlers delivered puppies to the likes of Jerry Seinfeld and Sarah Silverman, much to the delight of the nominees and the audience.
Unfortunately, it looks like not everyone who lost in their category got a puppy hand-delivered to them, as Kelly Clarkson took to her Twitter to lament not receiving a puppy.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org