Following Dave Chappelle’s win for the Best Comedy Album during the live show, Corden took to the stage to congratulate the comic and to offer some consolation to his fellow nominees.
“Congratulations Dave Chappelle, now I should say to all the nominees this evening who are not going home with a Grammy…I don’t want anybody to be upset tonight,” Corden said. “So the good news is, nobody goes home empty handed, because all night we’ll be handing out consolation puppies. Okay, so if you didn’t get a Grammy, you get a puppy!”
After Corden made his announcement, handlers delivered puppies to the likes of Jerry Seinfeld and Sarah Silverman, much to the delight of the nominees and the audience.
Unfortunately, it looks like not everyone who lost in their category got a puppy hand-delivered to them, as Kelly Clarkson took to her Twitter to lament not receiving a puppy.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve