The star’s energy during the performance alongside DJ Khaled and Bryson Tiller lit up the room as she showed off her dance moves with a red flower pinned to her long locks.
But what really caught viewers’ attention were Rihanna’s facial expressions combined with her grooving.
“When she hungry and finally get some food,” someone tweeted with a clip of Rihanna performing.
Others quickly followed, including others who alluded to food or having dance skills.
While accepting the award, Lamar quickly turned things over to the 29-year-old saying she “gassed me on my own song” and that the award “really belongs to her.”
“Well thank you Kendrick for giving me this incredible opportunity to be on such a good record,” she said. “I’m honored to be able to do this with you.”
Although Rihanna opted out of walking the red carpet, hours before the event she shared a stylish snap of herself wearing a white mini dress with a bustier top with an oversized white coat that trailed behind her on the floor, which she accessorized with a pair of boxy sunglasses.
“Stay pressed,” she captioned the photo, seemingly referencing “Lemon” her song with N.E.R.D.
The 60th annual Grammy Awards, hosted by James Corden, were broadcast live on CBS from Madison Square Garden in New York City.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving