The star’s energy during the performance alongside DJ Khaled and Bryson Tiller lit up the room as she showed off her dance moves with a red flower pinned to her long locks.
But what really caught viewers’ attention were Rihanna’s facial expressions combined with her grooving.
“When she hungry and finally get some food,” someone tweeted with a clip of Rihanna performing.
Others quickly followed, including others who alluded to food or having dance skills.
While accepting the award, Lamar quickly turned things over to the 29-year-old saying she “gassed me on my own song” and that the award “really belongs to her.”
“Well thank you Kendrick for giving me this incredible opportunity to be on such a good record,” she said. “I’m honored to be able to do this with you.”
Although Rihanna opted out of walking the red carpet, hours before the event she shared a stylish snap of herself wearing a white mini dress with a bustier top with an oversized white coat that trailed behind her on the floor, which she accessorized with a pair of boxy sunglasses.
“Stay pressed,” she captioned the photo, seemingly referencing “Lemon” her song with N.E.R.D.
The 60th annual Grammy Awards, hosted by James Corden, were broadcast live on CBS from Madison Square Garden in New York City.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022