Nobody tells Beyoncé what to do — except her six-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy Carter.
Blue Ivy was in attendance at the 60th annual Grammy Awards at Madison Square Garden with her mother and father, Jay-Z. During “Havana” singer Camila Cabello’s speech about the importance of Dreamer children, Beyoncé tried to clap — but Blue Ivy wasn’t having it.
The six-year-old was caught on camera appearing to shush her mother before warning her father not to clap as well.
The interaction only lasted a few seconds, but it was not missed by a number of Grammy viewers, who shared their thoughts on social media.
Moral of the story: do not clap until Blue Ivy tells you to.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time