The body of a 16-year-old girl from the Alexandria section of Fairfax County, Va., was found two weeks after she went missing.
Jholie Moussa, who was last seen leaving her home after she told her twin sister she had to go out, was found in Woodlawn Park on Friday morning, NBC reported. Her sister Zhane Moussa told the network Jholie had started acting oddly before she disappeared, abruptly leaving the home after exchanging text messages with an unknown person, then later texting Zhane that she was attending a party 200 miles away in Norfolk.
Jholie Moussa called her mother Syreeta Steward later that night, though her mother missed the call, according to NBC. Her family never heard from her again.
The FBI got involved in the case days after Jholie Moussa went missing, and her body was found less than a mile away from her home.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement