It’s no secret that Olympic icon Michael Phelps has already started teaching his one-year-old son Boomer with wife Nicole to swim; he’s previously appeared in the pool with Boomer from an early age.
But in a new Instagram, the U.S.’s most-winningest athlete shared some behind-the-scenes footage of the at-home training program they’re already implementing for young Boomer. Accompanied by the family dog — who really wants to get in on the action — Phelps shows his signature pre-race move, an arm extension and cross-body slap that limbers him up and clears his mind for the water.
Boomer plays along, attempting the move with aplomb, although his wingspan and muscle control do not quite match that of his legendary father — yet. But hey, if they’re already well on their way to the finer points of Phelps’s racing technique, looks like there’s plenty to look forward to for young Boomer’s future in the pool. Olympic team of 2032, here he comes.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State