As she walked off the field, the star defender was told by teammates that her hubby, Philadelphia tight end Zach Ertz, is headed to the upcoming championship game along with the rest of the Eagles. “Are they really going?” she asked, bursting into tears. “Oh my god. They’re going! They’re going!”
Shortly afterwards, Zach was shown the video of his wife’s reaction in the Eagles’ locker room, prompting some tears of his own. “Oh, man. That’s emotional for me,” he said. “I wish she was here, obviously. It’s tough not having her here, but I can’t wait for her to get home and celebrate with us.”
The 2018 Super Bowl will mark the Eagles’ first appearance in the game since 2004, when they lost to the New England Patriots. Philadelphia will again go head to head with New England on Feb. 4.
Watch the Ertz’ emotional reactions below.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up