As she walked off the field, the star defender was told by teammates that her hubby, Philadelphia tight end Zach Ertz, is headed to the upcoming championship game along with the rest of the Eagles. “Are they really going?” she asked, bursting into tears. “Oh my god. They’re going! They’re going!”
Shortly afterwards, Zach was shown the video of his wife’s reaction in the Eagles’ locker room, prompting some tears of his own. “Oh, man. That’s emotional for me,” he said. “I wish she was here, obviously. It’s tough not having her here, but I can’t wait for her to get home and celebrate with us.”
The 2018 Super Bowl will mark the Eagles’ first appearance in the game since 2004, when they lost to the New England Patriots. Philadelphia will again go head to head with New England on Feb. 4.
Watch the Ertz’ emotional reactions below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart