In an interview with Variety, Peter Dinklage, otherwise known to the world as Tyrion Lannister, shared that while he thinks that the show’s end is coming at the “perfect time,” it’s still difficult for even him to say goodbye to the beloved HBO series.
“It’s the perfect time to end it,” he said. “Sometimes shows stay on a little too long, the jumping-the-shark thing. It’s bittersweet when it’s time to move on with everything. It’s always the sad part of our business, because you get pockets of great people for short amounts of time and then you have to move on and it’s always heartbreaking. Especially when you’ve spent more than a couple months with people.”
For Dinklage, however, the long wait that was much bemoaned by Game of Thrones fans after HBO announced that the final season would be arriving in 2019, is a boon.
“It’s the final season, and it’s a long one so we’re taking our time,” he said.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023