In an interview with Variety, Peter Dinklage, otherwise known to the world as Tyrion Lannister, shared that while he thinks that the show’s end is coming at the “perfect time,” it’s still difficult for even him to say goodbye to the beloved HBO series.
“It’s the perfect time to end it,” he said. “Sometimes shows stay on a little too long, the jumping-the-shark thing. It’s bittersweet when it’s time to move on with everything. It’s always the sad part of our business, because you get pockets of great people for short amounts of time and then you have to move on and it’s always heartbreaking. Especially when you’ve spent more than a couple months with people.”
For Dinklage, however, the long wait that was much bemoaned by Game of Thrones fans after HBO announced that the final season would be arriving in 2019, is a boon.
“It’s the final season, and it’s a long one so we’re taking our time,” he said.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?