Jimmy Fallon’s James Taylor has seen fire and fury (and probably rain too).
On Monday’s episode of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, the late-night comedian donned a wig and facial hair to channel the acclaimed singer-songwriter for a performance of “Fire and Fury,” a politically charged parody of Taylor’s “Fire and Rain.”
Fallon’s version spoke of weariness with Trump’s decisions and his administration.
Lines such as “I’ve seen fire and I’ve seen fury/ Seen White House staff who will have to face a jury,” and “Even his own wife and kids thought he would lose/ Now he’s throwing a damn award show for fake news,” sent waves of cheers and laughter over the audience. As did Fallon-as-Taylor saying Trump had turned the White House into a “sh–hole.”
Watch the video above.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now