Hillary Clinton joined a chorus of major figures denouncing President Donald Trump’s comment about immigrants from “shithole countries,” saying he has “ignorant, racist views.”
The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee tweeted that Friday is the eighth anniversary of the devastating 2010 earthquake in Haiti that killed as many as 300,000 people. Instead of marking the anniversary, she said, “We‘re subjected to Trump’s ignorant, racist views of anyone who doesn’t look like him.”
During a meeting on immigration at the White House Thursday, Trump reportedly asked why the U.S. should accept more immigrants from Haiti and “shithole” countries in Africa rather than countries like Norway, according to the Washington Post. Trump has denied using that language, but fa least one senator who was at the meeting has confirmed his use of the word.
Republicans and Democrats have not yet reached an immigration deal.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer