Have you ever felt compelled to play a giant game of Tetris on the side of a skyscraper? Probably not, but now that you’re thinking about it, doesn’t it sound pretty fun?
To kick off the Philly Tech Week festival, Philadelphians gathered for their chance to play the classic arcade game on the side of the 29-story Cira Centre. Hundreds of LED lights embedded in the building’s glass facade displayed the falling blocks, which competitors controlled with joysticks.
Last year, participants played the simpler (but arguably more mesmerizing) Pong. We’ve got our fingers crossed for Flappy Bird next year.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022