Have you ever felt compelled to play a giant game of Tetris on the side of a skyscraper? Probably not, but now that you’re thinking about it, doesn’t it sound pretty fun?
To kick off the Philly Tech Week festival, Philadelphians gathered for their chance to play the classic arcade game on the side of the 29-story Cira Centre. Hundreds of LED lights embedded in the building’s glass facade displayed the falling blocks, which competitors controlled with joysticks.
Last year, participants played the simpler (but arguably more mesmerizing) Pong. We’ve got our fingers crossed for Flappy Bird next year.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time