In a video shared on the Jeopardy! YouTube page on Thursday, Trebek revealed that he underwent surgery over the holidays to remove blood clots on his brain caused by a fall he suffered two months ago.
“Surgery was performed. After two days in the hospital, I came home to start recovery,” he says in the clip. “The prognosis is excellent, and I expect to be back in the studio taping more Jeopardy! programs very, very soon.”
Fans of the beloved quiz show host have since taken to social media to send him well wishes, with some employing classic Jeopardy! jokes to show their support. “Get well soon, for $2000 Alex,” Twitter user Mike Henderson wrote.
“The [GOAT] game show host,” user Chief Garvey added. “Nobody combines that level of professionalism and subtle snark like Alex.”
See some of the reactions below.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'