Stephen Colbert seems to have officially chosen the side of Steve Bannon in the ongoing potential legal issues between President Donald Trump and his former chief strategist. Amidst the drama surrounding the release of journalist Michael Wolff’s explosive new book, Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, Colbert took some time to share his take on the situation.
“Remember that meeting in Trump tower between Jared [Kushner], [Paul] Manafort, Don Jr. and a Russian lawyer? They don’t,” the Late Show host quipped during Thursday’s episode, referencing an excerpt from Wolff’s book that was published by The Guardian. “But Steve Bannon does. And Bannon says it was ‘treasonous.’ Oh my…What is that? I agree with Steve Bannon.”
Colbert went on to discuss Trump’s recent claim that Bannon had no influence on him or his presidency. “He has absolutely no influence over me other than being my chief political strategist and convincing me to support an accused child molester for Senate,” he mocked Trump.
Watch the full clip below.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time