During a Wednesday appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the hip hop mogul — who also goes by P. Diddy, Puff Daddy, Puffy and his real name, Sean Combs — explained that while he decided to drop the “Brother,” he now responds to “Love.”
“I never went back to Diddy and I made an edit from Brother Love, since I’m already black, to just Love,” he told Kimmel. “The Brother seemed redundant. And it’s working out great. Who doesn’t love Love?”
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t refer to him by his more familiar handles. “You can call me by the other names,” he said. “This is just an evolution of my soul and my vibration. I’m Diddy, but during the days that are really, really good, I’m Love – which is all of the time.”
Watch the full clips below.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.