During a Wednesday appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the hip hop mogul — who also goes by P. Diddy, Puff Daddy, Puffy and his real name, Sean Combs — explained that while he decided to drop the “Brother,” he now responds to “Love.”
“I never went back to Diddy and I made an edit from Brother Love, since I’m already black, to just Love,” he told Kimmel. “The Brother seemed redundant. And it’s working out great. Who doesn’t love Love?”
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t refer to him by his more familiar handles. “You can call me by the other names,” he said. “This is just an evolution of my soul and my vibration. I’m Diddy, but during the days that are really, really good, I’m Love – which is all of the time.”
Watch the full clips below.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving